Friday 28 May 2010

Battle report 1

I want to do a video battle report but its proving difficult to make although i am still trying.
This battle was fought at the Solihull club on the 27th of May.
It was Capture and control with dawn of war deployment and Marine vs Marine.

My army was two tactical squads and a sternguard squad all in Razorbacks, a ten man terminator squad lead by a chapter master.
The opposing force was two tactical squads, a devestator squad, an assault squad lead by a chaplain, two dreadnoughts and many scout squads.

The battle was quite memorable, most notable points being five of my units ran off the table, an all to common sight in my games and a five man scout squad defeating two tactical combat squads in assault when outnumbered 5 to 8.
In the end i was left with the chapter master and one terminator vs about 1/3 of my opponents original strength.
Final score was a defeat for my army.

The Brazen Fist current tally stands at W:3 L:4 D:1

4 comments:

  1. So what did you learn from the game interms of tactics/deployment/army list what worked what didnt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loads!

    Chapter master with Orbital bombardment was a waste of points as the master was attached to a big unit, next time i run my no Lsyasander list i will use a librarian as HQ and pick up an extra scout squad.

    I used the wrong ammo on the sterguard twice, used the sternguard combi weapons when bolters would have been better, i like them, i just need to learn how to use them properly.

    To be fair though i failed 5 out of 6 leadership tests and no one check was worse than -1 ld, that really hurt my forces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be fair, Lysander and a chapter master is a bit of a point sink.
    I'd drop the chapter master and 5 terminators, and slip in a Land Raider for Lysander and his boys. If they are close combat terminators, you can throw them at a unit (or even a tank if got enough thunder hammers) and they'll rip them apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt play Lysander, i would of played Lysander but my oponent didnt have a special character so i made him a regular chapter master.

    My idea of Lysander with 10 terminators is to get the reroll on the storm bolters and to soak up instant death heavy weapons fire with his storm sheild and eternal warrior.

    ReplyDelete