Sunday 13 June 2010

Battle report 3 (McGuffin's World: Mini Campaign)

This battle was fought at the Solihull club on the 10th of June, it was Seize ground mission objective with dawn of war deployment armies being Marine vs Marine.
It was also the second battle in a mini campaign we are running "McGuffin's World"

My opponents list was the similar as last week with the addition of an extra dreadnought and fewer scouts, i was running a two terminator librarian's gate/might leading 5 terminators each, a 6 man sternguard in drop pod with locator and three five man tack squads in razorbacks.

I lucked out again and seized the initiative which allowed me to take out two squads of scouts in the first turn however i deployed poorly on the right flank which resulted in the loss of the flank and one of my scoring units.
 
My overall plan was capture the left objective and contest the right one which i had succeeded in doing quite early on in the game causing me to push too hard when i should of sat back and shot.
A noteworthy event was when i tried to use the gate with one of my terminator squads to have it scatter within 1" of a dreadnought causing them to go into reserve through the mishap table, this event caused my left flank to collapse as i had nothing really solid to defend against the dreadnoughts assault.
 
Overall i lost contesting one objective, had the game ended on turns five or six it would have been a draw.
I feel that three scoring units just isn't enough in and objective based game, this really made it difficult to win the game so i will be switching back to four combat squads next time.
 
I feel the terminators worked well again although i could have used them far better, the sternguard did better this time although they still all died again, i have refined my list once again.
 

Table setup

Turn one left objective secured by sternguard

Left flank moves up

Right flank overwhelmed

Terminators come back on after mishap

Terminators decimated by devastators

End game

No comments:

Post a Comment